How Do I Install An Add-On
In order to utilize any of our Sugar Calendar add-ons, which are separate WordPress plugins, you will first need to install and activate them.
Sugar Calendar's paid add-ons are not available via the WordPress.org Plugin Directory. They need to be downloaded from our site after you have made a successful purchase. You can access the add-ons by logging into your account and clicking View Downloads.
Installing via WordPress
- This process is just like installing a normal plugin. In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- From there you’ll see an option for Upload Plugin and Choose File.
- Using the file browser, navigate to your computer files and select the .ZIP file for your downloaded extension.
- Click Install Now.
- Once the file has been uploaded, click the Activate Plugin button.
Installing via FTP
- As an alternative to installing an add-on via the WordPress Dashboard, you can install via FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. In order to use FTP you'll need a client program for your computer. Lifehacker has an excellent article on the best FTP programs for Mac and Windows.
- Before transferring the plugin you will need to unzip the file. In MacOS this is done by simply double clicking the zip file. In Windows, right click on the zip file and choose Extract All. Both of the above instructions will create a new folder with the same name as the zip file.
- Next connect to your server with your FTP program. Once connected, you will want to find the Document Root for your site. This means the folder where all of your WordPress files are. It is often called public_html or named the same as your site's domain name, but it could be anything. If you are unsure, please ask your hosting provider.
- Once you know where your Document Root is, use your FTP program to go into
wp-content/plugins/. Then use your FTP program to upload the plugin folder that was created when you unzipped the plugin file.
NOTE: Make sure to upload the plugin folder, not the zip file. The zip file will not function on your site.
Once the folder is completely uploaded, the plugin will be listed on the WordPress plugins screen in your site's dashboard, and you may click the Activate link next to it.
Once you have installed and activated your add-on, there are a few things you should do:
Activate Your License
If you have not already done so, you will want to enter you license key under Calendar → Settings. Maintaining an active license key ensures you will receive updates that become available and retain access to support.
Read the Documentation
Each Sugar Calendar add-on comes with complete documentation. You can find all our documentation by visiting this page: https://docs.sugarcalendar.com