Event URLs Usage
The Event URLs add-on allows you to easily add a custom URL to Sugar Calendar Events, which is great for linking to events that are happening on other web sites or when you wish to use a page on your site other than the default one created by Sugar Calendar.
With this add-on, you can add a custom URL to any event created through Sugar Calendar, set it to automatically redirect or open in a new tab, and even add some custom text for the link itself.
- WordPress 5.3 or higher
- PHP 7.0.0 or higher
- Sugar Calendar 2.0.18 or higher
Installation and Setup
First, download the .zip from your account page then log into your WordPress site and navigate to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin.
After the plugin has been installed, activate it then navigate to Calendar → Add New → Links.
Here you are presented with 4 new configuration options for an Event Link:
- URL - The custom web address that you'd like to add to this Event
- Redirect - Checking this will automatically send visitors to this Event page on your site to the URL that you've configured above
- Target - Checking this will, when clicked, optionally open the URL in a new browser tab
- Text - The custom text to include as the contents of the link, rather than the URL itself
And an example of a URL on the frontend: